NYC: End of the Road

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It was a chilly morning and already I was having a darn good day! No waking up at 5:30 in the morning and I actually made breakfast! It was quite a different on sunday because we were not only traveling on the bus with my class but also with other students who wanted to check out the city as well. After leaving at about 11am we arrived in NYC at around 12:45 where it was freezing cold and once again we all were excited to finally see another play. Our class had the option of choosing between about four plays and I chose Boys Life because the leading cast member is Jason Biggs, the histerical character from the American Pie series, and I have always thought he was an amazing actor. Since we had about 2 hours to spare before the show we decided to go to McDonald's, which turned out to be a huge mistake just by looking at the prices. $8.50 for the chicken nuggets combo! Well lets just put it this way, I definitely learned my lesson. 

Finally, it came to 3pm and was time to go see the play we were all awaiting. It was just Jen, Christine, Naomi, and I and as we walked in it was so different from any other play we have ever been to before. It was not situated in a huge building with a crazy line or loaded with advertising ,but yet, in a sort of loft space and made me feel as if I was watching a performance in my own home. I found the play to be very unique with its set on wheels and how all of the stage crew was somehow integrated in the play itself. The whole performance in general made me laugh so hard and I believe was an excellent choice especially as a freshman in college right now. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is in need of a good laugh or of a play that is quite underrated. 

In the end, nothing could chance the fact it was sad because it was our last trip to the city. I think although it is sad my class will never forget all the good times we had and I will never forget Dr. Shosh's class and what I have learned in Broadway and Beyond(Fall of 2008).