The Final Trip To New York

Sunday, November 30, 2008

For the last trip our class, Broadway and Beyond, was allowed to choose out of four plays which on we wanted to see.  Some went to see a Boy's Life; others saw Hairspray.  I was one of the people who went to see Hairspray, and I also had the wonderful duty of handing out the tickets to everyone who went to see this particular musical.  Before I went to see the show I watched the movie version, which was different in some aspects, the musical was much more interesting than the movie.  In the beginning, the first song, it was really cool.  The lead role, Marissa Perry, was standing on a set that was made to give the illusion of her lying down on a bed.  The choreography and all the dancers did a tremendous job.  The sets were very bright and vibrant to grab your attention.  Even with the little slips, this musical is one I would recommend for everyone to see.