My New York Experience

Thursday, October 9, 2008

I didn't know what to except from Saturday's New York visit. I was scared that I was going to get lost and not know where I was going. It was very intimating knowing we would have to navigate the Broadway section by ourselves. I was also nervous because of the rainstorm. I didn't know how the weather was going to be so I was hoping for the best. Even tough I was intimated at first it ended up being the best New York experiences I have had. 
I woke up at six in the mourning and stumbled out of bed and walked to the parking lot. There I met all the students from your classes. After waiting for some students to show up, we got into the car and drove to the bus station. Even though I was exhausted, the bus ride was still fun. I got to know my classmates on the bus and ultimately made some new friends. After an hour and a half of driving, we arrived in New York and I could see the New York skyline. This reminded me of home because I go into the city so much. When we got the scavenger hunt I was was nervous to start because I thought we would get lost. We ended up actually finding a lot of the places and now I actually know where I'm going in Times Square. I was very proud that we directed ourselves in the right direction. The scavenger hunt was loads of fun. Even though we we didn't win, we felt like winners because we got most of the answers.
After that we went to lunch at the Film Center Cafe. I got to know some other students from our class and it was fun chatting and eating good food. I ate a cheeseburger and potatoes an it was very tasteful and for a really good price. Then we started to walk to the theater. I was so excited to finally see the show. I loved the big open theater. I was so excited to finally see the show. The set was Washington Heights, New York City. There were apartments, corner stores, graffiti, and a light up bridge. The set was unlike any set I had seen before. It was more modern than other sets. The music was different too. It included reggae, salsa, and even rap. This kept you on toes and always excited to see more. The play was very upbeat and the dancing was amazing. The dancing was hip-hop, meringue, and salsa. It was nice to see different dancing in this modern play. I have always loved hip-hop dancing so it was a big treat for me to see this. The singing was great and the characters really stood out. Everyone was so close in the community and I love this. They all watched out for each other and treated them like family. I think this was one of the big points of this musical. I am so glad I have this wonderful New York experience and i will never forget it!