Exhilarating Equus Experience!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

 Our class  was lucky enough to go into the city to see A Man for All Season and Equus in the same day! It was a jammed packed exciting and exhilarating experience. I had to wake up at ten in the mourning to drive to the bus station. I was still tired from the night before but I was so thrilled to finally be seeing these shows. The bus ride was extremely long considering I was anticipating the great day a head of me.
When we got to the city I was so happy. We got to Port Authority and then went right into Times Square. It was around lunchtime so our class all went to get at a pizza. I got a chicken salad that was very tasty. After that we to the theater to see A Man for All Seasons. This play was about Sir Tomas More struggling with King Henry the Eighths divorce. Henry wants approval from Sir Tomas to get the divorce but he strongly disagrees with it. So Henry starts to try and scare Sir Tomas into letting him get the divorce. This historical play is very entertaining and keeps you on the edge of your seat.
After the play ended it was time to get dinner.  So my friends and me ended up going to the Hard Rock Cafe. As we walked into the restaurant there was rock music blasting and signed guitars on the wall. I got some nachos and grilled chicken. We all eat and talked and had a wonderful time. Then after dinner we headed down the street to go see Equus. Everyone was ecstatic to see this because the main character was Daniel Radcliffe who plays Harry Potter in the movies. I could not wait to see if this famous star could pull of this difficult roll. The show was about a boy who sees a psychiatrist because he blinded six horses. The psychiatrist trying to find out why he did this and what is mentally wrong with him so he can try to fix it. This was an exhilarating psychological thriller that kept you on the edge of your seat the whole night. I would go see this play again in a second.
After the play we heard that we might be able to get Daniel Radcliffe's autograph. So we all ran outside when the cast were taking their bows. We got there quickly so we got a great spot in line but we still didn't know if we were going to get the autograph. When he came out of theatre everyone was screaming and pushing to get to see him. So Annie who was in front of me got my program and got me my autograph for me! It was so excited and was worth it. I will never forget this wonderful New York experience.